CARMEN FOR FOUR
- This concert will be approximately 90 minutes in length and without intermission.
- A vaccination passport and a piece of identification are obligatory to access the concert hall.
- Prices include service charges and taxes.
- Artists and programmes are subject to change without prior notice.
- Tickets are non-refundable.
Bizet‘s opera depicts love, obsession and jealousy, and is one of the most popular operas ever written! The OCM presents this staged and abridged version of Carmen featuring the four principal characters: mezzo-soprano Lebanese-Canadian Julie Nesrallah as Carmen, Mexican-Canadian tenor Ernesto Ramírez as Don José, Cameroonian-Canadian soprano Suzanne Taffot as Micaëla, and Québécois baritone Hugo Laporte as Escamillo. Centaur Theatre’s Artistic Director Eda Holmes stages a thrilling version of this famous opera.
At the start of this concert, the OCM pays tribute to Moroccan-Québécoise Danièle Henkel, a highly successful Québécoise immigrant business woman.