Carmina Burana &
The Ice Storm Symphony (world premiere)
- No subscription tickets available for this concert. Individual tickets are now on sale.
- This concert will be approximately 115 minutes in length, including one 20-minute intermission.
- All prices include service charges and taxes.
- Artists and programmes are subject to change without prior notice.
- Tickets are non-refundable, non-exchangeable.
Join us for this Benefit concert at the Maison Symphonique featuring two grand works, one a classic and one sure to become a classic.
The OCM is proud to present the world premiere of Maxime Goulet’s first symphony, the Ice Storm Symphony commemorating the 25th anniversary of the 1998 North American Ice Storm.
The symphony will recall for many the emotions of the experience and the light that returned on the other side of the devastating event.
To conclude the concert, the OCM presents Carl Orff’s famous cantata based on medieval poems of satire, corporeal pleasure, and the vicissitudes of luck: the monumental Carmina Burana.
Prior to the concert, the OCM invites you to its Gala Cocktail-Dînatoire at 5:30 PM in the Antonia-Nantel Lobby of the Maison symphonique. This pre-concert benefit reception with gourmet hors d’oeuvres and beverages will support the OCM in its mission of making music more accessible. Tickets are available for $300 from the Place des Arts Box Office when you purchase your ticket to the concert. A donation receipt of $220 will be issued at a later date to ticket holders.