- This concert will be approximately 80 minutes in length and without intermission.
- A vaccination passport and a piece of identification are obligatory to access the concert hall.
- Prices include service charges and taxes.
- Artists and programmes are subject to change without prior notice.
- Tickets are non-refundable.
Bright vocal and orchestral colours will prevail at this concert featuring some of Handel’s most virtuosic arias interpreted by the renowned soprano Karina Gauvin. The Baroque melodies will be interspersed with works by two Montréal-based composers: the compositions of Dutch-Canadian Jaap Nico Hamburger as well as the Arabesque by Alexander Brott, the latter features OCM’s consummate principal cellist Chloé Dominguez. Additionally, the festive themes of Handel’s Water Music under the batons of Boris Brott and Matthias Maute will transport audiences to a riparian paradise in this co-production between the OCM and Ensemble Caprice.
At the start of this concert, the OCM pays tribute to the Honourable Monique Bégin, minister in the cabinet of Pierre Trudeau and one of the first women from Quebec to be elected to the federal Parliament.
Watermusic: Suite II & III, G. F. Handel
”Da tempeste” from Giulio Cesare, HWV 7, G. F. Handel
”Lascia ch’io pianga” from Rinaldo, HWV 7, G. F. Handel
”Sweet bird, that shun’st the noise of folly” from L’Allegro, il Penseroso ed il Moderato, HWV 55, G. F. Handel
”Let the bright Seraphim” from Samson, HWV 57, G. F. Handel
Arabesque, A. Brott
Three new works by Jaap Nico Hamburger