- Subscription tickets are on sale now. Individual tickets go on sale August 27th, 2022.
- This concert will be approximately 110 minutes in length, including one 20-minute intermission.
- All prices include service charges and taxes.
- Artists and programmes are subject to change without prior notice.
- Tickets are non-refundable, non-exchangeable.
Presented as part of Montreal’s Black History Month
In collaboration with Brott Opera
In this world premiere chamber opera, Haitian-Quebec composer David Bontemps has created a world of mystical melodies imbued with Afro-Haitian musical idioms that melds with the textual expression of Haitian librettist and playwright Faubert Bolivar.
Drawing on West African mythology and Haitian vodou traditions, this opera criticizes corruption, misogyny, and the abuse of power.
It will be sung by a cast of distinguished Black Canadian opera singers and brought to life through dramatic staging and lighting.