- This concert will be approximately 130 minutes in length, including one 20-minute intermission.
- All prices include service charges and taxes.
- Artists and programmes are subject to change without prior notice.
- Tickets are non-refundable, non-exchangeable.
- Please note that every added free ticket for a child 12 years and under must be accompanied by one purchased adult ticket.
The stirring and expressive themes from some of the greatest international movies by the two world renowned Italian film composers, Nino Rota and Ennio Morricone, will shimmer in this concert alongside some of their exceptional concert music, including Rota’s Trombone Concerto with Italian trombone player Giuliano Rizzotto.
This concert is presented as part of the FIFA (International Festival of Films on Art) and is a collaboration with the Italian Cultural Institute of Montreal.
Works by N. Rota
Concerto for Strings
I. Preludio. Allegro ben moderato e cantabile
II. Scherzo. Allegretto comodo
III. Aria. Andante quasi adagio
IV. Finale. Allegrissimo
Concerto for Trombone in C
Excerpts from the movies : The Godfather & Romeo e Giulietta
Works by E. Morricone
Esercizi for Strings
Excerpts from movies : Cinema Paradiso, C’era Una Volta il West, La Califfa, and The Mission