- This concert will be approximately 110 minutes in length, including one 20-minute intermission.
- All prices include service charges and taxes.
- Artists and programmes are subject to change without prior notice.
- Tickets are non-refundable, non-exchangeable.
- Please note that every added free ticket for a child 12 years and under must be accompanied by one purchased adult ticket.
Join us on this transformative journey through the human experience. The OCM welcomes the return of Mohawk violinist Tara-Louise Montour for the North American premiere of Phœnix by Montreal composer Louis Babin, a violin concerto that embodies strength and optimism of new beginnings. Schoenberg’s Verklärte Nacht (Transfigured Night) takes us on a transformative emotional journey.
Inspired by Canadian folklore, the ballet L’Oiseau Phénix (The Phoenix Bird) by Québécois composer Clermont Pépin recounts the story of a dutiful son rewarded for his fidelity through two transformations: that of a phoenix into a beautiful bride and the transformation of a youth into an adult. The programme is rounded out with an early work for strings by Janáček, a return to the immutable essence of beauty.