A fundraising campaign that will impact the professional lives
of the musicians participating in OCM's mentorship program
The Orchestre classique de Montréal has launched a mentorship program that will positively impact the lives of our future musical stars. OCM’s CANIMEX Mentorship Program will offer a transformative experience for the next generation.
From May 13 to 28, the OCM will welcome 12 musicians and one conductor from the Université de Montréal’s Faculty of Music for the intensive paid mentorship program. The musicians will learn from Artistic Director Boris Brott and our distinguished orchestra section leaders.
Participants will attend a variety of master classes and interact with experienced musicians and industry professionals. This unique program also includes several workshops on successful career building, digital resources and strategies, and financial planning as an independent contractor.
At the culmination of the mentorship program, the these musicians will join the OCM on stage for the final concert of the season on Friday May 27 at 7:30 PM at the beautiful Maison symphonique. All mentored musicians will be paid union salaries for the rehearsals and performance.
The OCM is grateful for the generous financial support of CANIMEX Group, RBC Foundation, and donors like you. It is important to recognize that the development of the next generation of great musicians is crucial to the future of the classical music sector.
Here is how you can help:
- A $50 gift helps cover the cost of a 30-minute coaching for a musician.
- A $250 master class sponsorship covers a portion of a master class leader who is an expert in their field.
- A $500 musician sponsorship supports one musician of your choice for the duration of the programme. This sponsorship is a great way to build a personal relationship with a musician of the next generation and to help launch their career. Please see the Donor Benefits below for more details.
Any and all contributions to this “Support Our Future Stars” campaign will provide valuable career development to classical musicians of the next generation who need this more than ever in a challenging career as a performing artist.
- All donors who contribute $25 or more will have their names printed in OCM concert programs and on the OCM website and will receive a tax-deductible donation receipt.
- $250 master class sponsors are invited to attend the master class of their choice where they will be recognized and thanked. An invitation to the Closing Reception of the Mentorship Program on Saturday, May 28 is also included.
- $500 student musician sponsors are invited to the Opening Reception on Friday, May 13, where they will meet their sponsored musician, and to the Closing Reception on Saturday, May 28, to celebrate the end of the Mentorship Program. They are also invited to attend and observe master classes scheduled between May 13-28.
List of Student Musicians by Instrument ($500 sponsorship)
♫ 2 Violins ♫ 1 Viola ♫ 1 Cello
♫ 1 Double Bass
♫ 1 Flute ♫ 1 Oboe ♫ 1 Clarinet ♫ 1 Bassoon
♫ 1 French horn
♫ 1 Trumpet ♫ 1 Percussion Student Conductor ($2,000 sponsorship)
To reserve your sponsorship and to select the musician of your choice, please contact Alex Koutelias, Manager of Development and Operations at (514) 703-8607 or email at [email protected]. For all other gifts can be made either via phone or online at your convenience by clicking this link.