TALES AND MELODIES
- This concert will be approximately 80 minutes in length and without intermission
- A vaccination passport and piece of identification are obligatory to access the concert hall.
- Prices include service charges and taxes.
- Artists and programmes are subject to change without prior notice.
- Tickets are non-refundable.
Enjoy an evening of intercultural musical storytelling, featuring the world premiere of Anishnaabe composer Barbara Assiginaak‘s work Gwekaanmat for string orchestra and solo pipigwan (Anishnaabe flute) in which Ms. Croall will perform herself.
Discover the exoticism of Ravel’s Scheherazade in a special arrangement by OCM’s resident arranger François Vallières and featuring Quebec’s star mezzo-soprano Julie Boulianne, as well as Ravel’s string quartet in an arrangement for string orchestra. Additionally, Ms. Boulianne and pianist Jean-Philippe Sylvestre will perform Ravel’s famous Five Greek Folksongs.
At the start of this concert, the OCM honours renowned Innu poet Joséphine Bacon.
Gwekaanmat (Wind Changes Direction), Barbara Assiginaak (PREMIERE)
Scheherazade – M. Ravel, arr. F. Vallières
String quartet in F major – M. Ravel, orch. R. Barshai
Five Greek Folksongs – M. Ravel